Hello beautiful people from the Internet!
So today I am writing about packing up for a trip. Every time I travel, I get asked the same question: How do you know what do you have to pack? I always struggle and end up overpacking.
Well, the answer is pretty simple, you have to know where you are going and what you are planning to do. I’ve summed up my tips in 5 different points that I think may be helpful for those who struggle with packing for a trip.
- WEATHER. This is like my number 1 tip just because it’s too important to just forget about it! It may seem really obvious to some of you, but believe me when I tell you that some people is surprised when I tell them to look up the weather.
Always check the weather to see if it may rain, be sunny, windy.. you never know, so make sure you are aware of the average temperatures and weather conditions of the place you visit. Sometimes you don0t need to do a lot of research to know the weather.For example, I am going to Belfast on Monday, you don’t have to be a genius to get to the conclusion that it will be cold and it will probably rain. This is obvious because of the destination, but other places may be really variable so make sure you know the weather before packing.
- ACTIVITIES. That’s why I have said it’s important to know what you are going to do. If you go somewhere because you want to walk or hike, it’s obvious that you MUST NEVER wear heels, platforms, sandals… but if you are going to a city, and you know that you just walk like you normally do, then wear shoes that you know you’ll be comfy in.For example, I live in Barcelona, and I’ve spent all day in platforms, it doesn’t bother me, so again, if I go to Belfast on Monday, I know I can handle my platforms, so I could wear that if I wanted to.
- MIX & MATCH. Well… I have this one really easy, because my closet is full of basics and same colored shirts, but! it doesn’t make it less important. Make sure you bring clothes with you that match between them. If you stay for a long period of time in a place, you can just mix and match your clothing options and look like you are wearing a completely different outfit, when you have literally just changed your shirt, shoes and accessories. It may sound stupid, but it is SO helpful.
- OPTIONS. Don’t bring just casual clothes, you never know if you’ll have an event or you will go out (unless you are actually just going to that place for that certain event, then just skip this step). Make sure you have different options, I have a couple of shirts that depends on what I am wearing with, they look casual or dressy. You just need o know which are those clothes and how you can make the most use out of them! 🙂
- CHECK LIST. I always worry too much about my clothes and then I forget about the most obvious things like hairbrush, toothbrush… and then I have to spend money buying another one while I travel (I’m that smart…).
SO! Hopefully this post was helpful to those of you who need a little help with packing!